Simple Yet Superb Healthy Recipes to Keep You Healthy and Moving
Suffering from arthritis can take a toll on people’s health. The simplest of task becomes a pain for them. Most people find it difficult even to pop open a small bottle or a jar and even walking downhill. Now cooking a meal also consumes up a lot of time and energy. It becomes almost torturous for people with arthritis to stand on their feet for long. There are no diets or supplements as such that cure arthritis. But making small changes in dietary plans can help improve one’s overall health system. An overall good diet protects one against all health complications including heart disease. We share some simple and easy meal recipes that one can make during low energy days. It is nutritious and tastes great too.
Beans nourish the body from deep down and are a great source of iron and protein. It is low in fat content too.
- Ingredients: Pinto beans, Salt, 1 bay leaf, 3 sprigs of thyme, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped Serrano pepper, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 small can chopped tomatoes, 2 tsp of tomato paste, 1 tsp molasses, 1 tsp of cider vinegar and 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- Procedure: For making healthy barbecued beans, the first thing is to immerse pinto beans in water. Cook them in a pressure cooker adding 1 bay leaf and 3 sprigs of thyme until it turns tender. Set aside the beans to cool off before reserving the excess water. Lightly put canola oil in a pan and stir fry 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped Serrano pepper and 3 cloves minced garlic. Now take the cooked bean in a pressure cooker. Add 1 small can chopped tomatoes, 2 tsp tomato paste, 1 tsp molasses, 1 tsp of cider vinegar and 1 tsp of dry mustard and mix well. Add salt and water to taste. Cook the beans in a high flame for 6-8 hours until it turns tender. Serve hot.
The cooking time will vary depending on certain factors. Serve it with carrot sticks and cucumber slices.
Berry Flurry Pancakes
This recipe is high on nutrition and reduces the swelling of joints. It makes the bones strong and helps improve the overall health
- Ingredients: 1 bowl plain low fat yogurt, 1 egg, 1 bowl of pancake mix and 1 bowl of fresh blueberries or raspberries.
- Procedure: First add yogurt and egg in a bowl. After mixing well, add the pancake mix. Now lightly put a little oil to a nonstick pan. Take two scoops or tsp of batter for each of the pancake. To decorate, put few berries to the pancake. When the edges turn firm, you will know the pancakes are cooked. Keep flipping the pancakes until it is well cooked. Serve immediately.
You can serve three pancakes with the same amount of ingredient.
Scrambled Eggs and Sandwich
- Ingredients: 1-2 eggs, whole wheat pita pocket, ketchup or salsa and ¼ bowl of grated cheddar cheese.
- Procedure: This recipe is the simplest and healthy too. First scramble the eggs until cooked. Stuff half of each whole wheat pita pocket with the eggs. Add ketchup or salsa and the grated cheddar cheese as an extra topping.
- Ingredients: ½ cup of orange juice, 1 tsp of honey, 2 tsp of low sodium teriyaki sauce and ½ tsp of ginger
- Procedure: Mix ½ cup of orange juice, 1 tsp of honey, 2 tsp of low sodium teriyaki sauce and ½ tsp of ginger. Put it to low boil in a pan or a skillet. Mix 1 pound of salmon fillets. Cook it in low to medium heat until the fish starts peeling from the center.
- Ingredients: ¾ cup of plain yogurt, 2 tsp of peanut butter, 1 medium banana and 2 ice cubes.
- Procedure: Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor or a blender. Put on high speed for two or three minutes until it lathers up. Serve immediately.
- Ingredients: ¼ cup of grated cheese, marinara sauce, whole grain muffin.
- Procedure: To make this recipe, add ¼ cup of grated cheese and marinara sauce as toppings to a whole grain muffin. Set it on a toaster or an oven for 5 minutes until the cheese starts to melt. Set aside to cool.
- Tags: Diet
- Flexable Health